Affiliate marketing is one of my the most favourite task to do everyday. I started affiliate marketing before 1 year ago and now I am regularly making $300- $700 per month. Yes, I must say affiliate marketing most powerful skill where you can earn huge money every month.
Now, what is exactly affiliate marketing?
If you are promoting someone product online and others buy it based on your recommendations and you receive a commission. This commission would be anything from $1-$100 depends on the product you are promoting online.
Now, the second basic question is related to how companies track the record of who is sending the traffic and making sales. Here we have simple answer is they have a tracking URL, which is called unique link allotted to you by the product company.
This unique URL is used to keep track of all the traffic and sales you are making via your website or other promotional techniques. Many old-fashioned affiliate programs allow a buyer to add the email or referral details in an effort to account for affiliate sales, but this is certainly not the best way to track progress.
Many online companies who sell products such as T-shirts, Domains or any service, offer an affiliate program. You just need to go to their login page and signed up for the program and get your unique tracking link which is your affiliate ID. Now, whenever you are promoting your product or writing description about it you can simply put your unique affiliate link to recommend the company's site, if your buyer purchase anything or read anything you will get a commission.
Just to tell you that every affiliate program has a set TOS. For example, most of them provide 60 days valid cookie period, which means if a any one uses your special link/affiliate ID to land on the sales page of the website instead of buying today, he buys anything from your ID within the next 60 days, you will be entitled to get sales commission.
Affiliate Marketing Terms :-
- Affiliates: Publishers like you and me who are using affiliate program links to promote and make sales.
- Affiliate marketplace: There are many marketplaces like internetprofits, Vcommission, & Clickbank etc.
- Affiliate software: Software used by companies to create an affiliate program for their product, for example: igloo, Amplifier, Optimizepress etc.
- Affiliate link: Special tracking link offered by your affiliate program to track the progress of your affiliate promotion.
- Affiliate ID: Similar to the affiliate link, but many affiliate programs offer a unique ID which you can add to any page of the product site.
- Payment mode: Different affiliate programs offer different methods of payment. For example: check, wire transfer, PayU money and many more.
- Affiliate Manager : Many companies have dedicated affiliate managers to help publishers to earn more by giving them optimization tips.
- Commission percentage : The amount or percentage you will be receiving in affiliate income from every sale.
- 2-tier affiliate marketing: Again one the great way to make money from affiliate commissions. in this method you suggest to others to join you and you will receive a commission when they purchase anything kind of chain affiliate commission.This is known as sub-affiliate commission.
- Landing pages: A separate demo page for product for example if your website is home then landing page is “Drawing Room” where you will promote only what you want to sale not all products. Usually, the idea is not to make users confused while purchasing so always try to keep user friendly and super easy for all users without any diversification. Most of marketers do this for A/B testing like which LP is converting most for their product.
- Custom affiliate income/ account: Unlike a generic affiliate account, many companies offer custom affiliate income to people making the most affiliate sales for them.
- Link clocking: Important thing need to keep in your mind that affiliate tracking links are usually ugly and sometime it looks like scam instead tracking ID. What you can do is shorten this link with the help of URL shortener. You can turn ugly affiliate ID into short and readable link for your audiences.
- Custom coupons: Many affiliate program create custom coupons which can be used in track sales. This help you to increase affiliate sales faster.